So, I'm a bit belated on the New Years' Greetings. Let's just say that I was on a "laptop fast" from the day after Christmas and January 3, 2009, while we were away in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. My iPhone only worked in a 100 square yard area where the resort had wireless networking. We all enjoyed a fabulous time down south. I had never been South of Juarez, Mexico, and my experience on the tip of the Baja was wonderful. It was great to be in a Spanish culture and exercise the very little bit of the language that I could still piece together.
Chantal enjoyed the warmth, the spa, the glass boat tour of the baja reef and the "arch", and swimming with Logan and Mia. Logan loved seeing his grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. He could have spent the entire time in the "kiddie pool" at the resort, but we made him take a break to sleep and eat. Mia enjoyed her first swim and just drank in all of her experiences of the outdoors and all of the people. This was only her second time seeing the whole family and she loved being with everyone, particularly her cousin Maya, who is 9 months old. We all traveled both to and from Cabo without event, for which we are very thankful.
Now that we are home we are gradually unpacking and trying to get back to "normal." I went back to the office yesterday and am busy gearing up for the Spring semester at Baylor. Changes are coming for Logan and Mia at the beginning of 2009. Logan is beginning "potty training" and has his "big boy pants" (Pull-Ups) on throughout the day. Mia started eating rice cereal yesterday and is taking to it VERY nicely.
So all is going very well with us as 2009 begins and we are very thankful! I pray that all is well with you and "stay tuned" for more adventures in the coming days!
No comments:
Post a Comment